About Author

Ezze Travel : Welcome to Cyprus to get car rental services

Ezze Travel : Welcome to Cyprus to get car rental services

CHRYSALINIOTISSA CRAFT CENTRE. The craft centre contains eight units or workshops, built on the idea of a traditional inn, where contemporary methods are used to create traditional crafts such as glass blowing, woodcarving and the production of herb’s and oils.

OMERIYE MOSQUE. Converted into a mosque by Mustafa Pasha in 1571 the building has a varied and interesting history. Near the main Municipal Market within the walled city, the original building was destroyed by Ottoman artillery. The door of the main entrance belongs to the 14th-century Lusignan building.

ST PAUL’S ANGLICAN CATHEDRAL. It was built in the style of an English church in 1893 for the Anglican parishioners that live on Cyprus.

THE MUSEUM OF THE HISTORY OF CYPRIOT COINAGE. A Permanent exhibition showing the development of Cypriot coinage dating from the 6th century BC to the present day.

STATE GALLERY OF CONTEMPORARY ART.Exhibiting a collection of sculptures and paintings by to days Cypriot artists.

CYPRUS JEWELLERS MUSEUM. A display of fine religious examples from the 19th century, including ornaments, silver utensils and old instruments.

THE NICOSIA MUNICIPAL ARTS CENTRE. Using what was a power station and one of the finest examples of industrial architecture in Cyprus as the venue for important and prestigious exhibitions. This is an interesting concept in modern thinking to promote contemporary creativity.

CYPRUS POSTAL & PHILATELIC MUSEUM. A collection of examples of Cypriot stamps dating from 1800 onwards.

AGIOS APOSTOLOI CHURCH. In the Pera Chorio village the church has some beautiful examples of 12th century frescoes. In the area of the village of Dali, was the ancient city-kingdom of Idalion, which is undergoing excavation. Mythology has it that it is here Adonis the illicit lover of Aphrodite was slain by a wild boar sent by her husband. For the best journey, the checking of the information can be there at https://www.leiebilnord.no/ site. It is the place where the rental services are the best one to deliver the best results. The charges are under the funds available with the people. The services are excellent for the engagement of the people. 

THE NICOSIA MUNICIPAL ARTS CENTRE. Using what was a power station and one of the finest examples of industrial architecture in Cyprus as the venue for important and prestigious exhibitions. This is an interesting concept in modern thinking to promote contemporary creativity.

CYPRUS POSTAL & PHILATELIC MUSEUM. A collection of examples of Cypriot stamps dating from 1800 onwards.

AGIOS APOSTOLOI CHURCH. In the Pera Chorio village the church has some beautiful examples of 12th century frescoes. In the area of the village of Dali, was the ancient city-kingdom of Idalion, which is undergoing excavation. Mythology has it that it is here Adonis the illicit lover of Aphrodite was slain by a wild boar sent by her husband.

AGIOS IRAKLEIDIOS CONVENT. The original convent was built in 400 AD has been destroyed and reconstructed many times over the centuries. It is said to have been visited by Saint Paul and St Barnabas and is also the site of the martyred Bishop Tamassos. The Convent was extensively restored in 1773 by Archbishop Chrysanthos including the monk’s cells. You can also see and the saint’s relics, kept in a silver gilt case. The use of photo and video cameras inside the convent is prohibited.

MACHAIRAS MONASTERY. Located 41 km south of Lefkosia. Built in the Machairas Mountains, it was founded by two monks in 1148 after finding an Icon of the Virgin Mary in nearby caves. Each year on August 15 a large religious fair is held. After receiving a grant from the Anastasios G. Leventis Foundation, Machairas monastery have renovated the original monk’s cells as well as the stables and storage areas. The vestry has a room where the Monastery’s old books and manuscripts are kept, plus galleries and rooms containing icons and other religious artefacts.

FIKARDOU.The complete village has been declared an ancient monument, in order to preserve the superior woodwork and architecture dating from the 16th and the 18th century as they represent some rare and particularly fine examples of rural architecture of that period. The beautiful restoration was awarded the Europa Nostra in 1987. Whether you visit Lefkosia for shopping or to discover the history of the town you will find lots to do and see.

TAMASSOS. Located in the village of Politiko, 20 km south west of Lefkosia. (Nicosia) Tamassos was a rich city-kingdom in ancient Cyprus renowned for its copper mines. Excavations have brought to light the Royal Tombs and copper workshops associated with the temple of Aphrodite-Astarte.

ARCHANGELOS MICHAEL MONASTERY. Located off the Lefkosia (Nicosia) to Anthoupolis Road. The church dates back to the Byzantine period and was founded by Archbishop Nikiforos whose tomb can be seen in the narthex of the church. The iconostasis dates to 1650 and the fresco of the Archangel Michael to whom the monastery is dedicated dates to 1785. Rebuilding work has been carried out in 1963 and earlier in 1713 when it was purchased by Kykko Monastery.

PERISTERONA. Located 27 km from Lefkosia. The church of Peristerona is dedicated to Saints Barnabas and Hilarion, it is thought to have been in the early 10th century, and is an outstanding example of Byzantine architecture with the five domes. Also of interest is the Turkish mosque of Peristerona located next to.

PHANEROMENI CHURCH. The church is on Onassagorou Street, within the old city, built in 1872 it was the largest church in Nicosia. The marble mausoleum to the east of the church contains the relics of the bishops and priests executed by the Turks in 1821.

Mark Campus

Mark Campus

Mark Campus is a content marketer who owns Keenan’s room. A writer by day and a reader by night, he is loath to discuss himself in third person.